Hello, Lovely friends!. We are a few weeks away from valentine’s day. Have you started planning for this year’s Vday? I did and I am ready with the cutest hairstyle ever; hair bow hairstyle. You can tell by now that I love easy trendy cute hairdo. Therefore, I am ready to show the trendiest, cutest hairdo you will ever see. Not really!. You may have seen it everywhere. But, I will help you recreate it for your special day. Thus, if you wondered how to do bow hairstyles. Today, You will be able to revive it specifically for Valentine’s day.
Bow hairstyle for Valentine’s day
In general, Bow in all type has been a hit in late last year and continuing strong this year. Thus, There is no better way to show the love of bow look than having a bow hairstyle using your own hair. If you know me, You know I love to create looks using my own hair such as I did in cat ear hairstyle using my own hair. In addition, Bow hairstyle is unique and daring. They are fairly easy to do. The bow can look thick or thin depending on the section you take. But for sure, it will look like you stepped out from Disney world.
Note: these hairstyles can work with any hair length as long as you can put your hair in an up or down ponytail. You can also tease your hair to give volume.
Hair bow- Minnie Mouse hair bow
This hairstyle is so cute to complete your overall look for a special occasion such as Valentine’s day. Moreover, It is so adorable you can even have it for a casual friends night out to wow everyone or for your next trip to Disney land. Thus, If you’re looking for something that’s cute and fun, this hairstyle is for you!. You will need a hair tie, brush, and a handful of bobby pins.
Step by step Hair bow – Minnie Mouse hair bow
- Begin by dividing your hair into two sections. You will take your brush to separate the two section. starting from above the ears and directly up to the top of the head.
- Next, brush the upper section to smooth the hair and put it in a high ponytail. I made my ponytail to one side not centered. I think this will give a better effect to your hair bow.
- Now divide your ponytail into two main sections plus one small section to wrap around the ribbon. Then, take one section from the main ones and smooth it well with a brush and wrap. With two to three finger depending on how small or big you want your bow to be, hold the section up and wrap it around your fingers and pin it by going behind the wrapped section and put the bobby pins there. Then, with your fingers pull the hair down and pin it. You will Finally spread the bow with your fingers. To finish off, you can use hair spray to hold its shape.
- Repeat this step to the other main section.
- Lastly, You have two option either to hold all your hair from the remaining wrapped bow along with the small section and wrap it around the base of your ponytail. Or only take the small section up and then wrap it around the ponytail. lastly, leave the hair from the bow fall or curl them with a curling wand.
This hair bow needs a few trials to master it. But once you get it, It will be so easy. I call it 3-D bow hairstyle.
Half up half down bow hairstyle
This hairstyle is an easier version of the first one. In fact
Step-by – step half up half down bow
- Start by dividing your hair to the side you like. Actually, I like my hair to the right. If you have thin hair, start by teasing your crown to give volume and brush it to smooth the hair.
- Then pick two sections of hair from each side of your head. The smaller the section, the smaller the bow and vice versa. Just make sure to eyeball it to be two even sections.
- Now take these two sections to the back to create a ponytail with an elastic band. But stop with the last loop do not pull your hair all the way through to create a small looped bun.
- Now divide the loop bun into two smaller loops Then, using your fingers spread one loop and push it flat against your head into a bow shape. Insert a few bobby pins from the top and the bottom to secure it. lastly, spread it with your hand to create a bow style.
- Repeat the above to your other loop.
- Then take a small section from the remaining ends of the ponytail and wrap them around your bow. In order to do so, You will either use a topsy tool or make an opening with your fingers above your ponytail and slide the hair in it. finally, secure it with bobby pins.
- For the remaining hair from the ponytail, I decided to make a dutch braid by dividing hair into three sections and braid them.
Bow with ribbon hairstyle
I love to call this a bonus hairstyle. It is very easy and basic hairstyle yet it is so cute and can go with almost any outfit and to any occasion. You will need ribbon ( I used red ribbon from my holiday leftover ribbon collection, elastic band, and a brush.
Step-by-step bow with ribbon hairstyle
- Start by separating your hair to the side you like. Also, you can tease your crown to give volume. I have heavy hair, I felt I can go without doing so. Then, take your ribbon and hold it from the ends
. Then, replace it behind your neck and drop it on your hair from the front and create your ribbon. Try to move it around to see what side you want your ribbon to be. I left it on my right.
- Next, you can leave your hair as is or gather it to one side to create your low ponytail.
That’s it. Now, you created a bow hairstyle with a pop of accessory that you will probably never thought of using as a hair accessory.
At last, let me know how you style your hair for Valentine’s day in the comment below or tag me on Instagram or Hashtag your look with #chez_rama. I would love to see how you style yours. Tag chez_rama on Instagram and I will share your look and don’t forget to follow me for all tips and trick to style your outfit, hair and more.