Hallo-ween!. There is no Halloween without cats in it. From decoration, outfit to make-up and headbands, a cat is the classic choice to Halloween. Right!. However, a classic should not be boring and repetitive. There are ways to make a basic cat look a personal edgy cute one. After all who needs to buy the metal cat headbands when you can do cat ears yourself using your own hair. Thus, Today I am giving you three cat hairstyles for Halloween. I had so much fun creating them.
Cat Hairstyles for Halloween-DIY cat ears
Today I wanted to give a tutorial on how I do my cat hairstyles for Halloween using my own hair. These hairstyles are so easy and fun. Whenever I am in doubt and hurry, I would just do any of these hair looks. It is chic and simple for work, school or party on Halloween day. All you need is one of these hair looks, little whisk on your nose along with cat eyeliner and black top and pants like the one I talked about in What to wear with faux leather pants. Voila! You just pulled your last minute Halloween look. So let’s begin.
Cat ears braid hairstyle
This cat ears hairstyle is my favorite. I love the final look of the braid. Also, it amazes people when they know that the braids are actually my own hair. To accomplish the look, you will need pipe cleaners and bobby pins. Note: I did not have pipe cleaner at that time. So I used fake flower stem instead. It would be easier if you get the pipe cleaners and use those instead.
Step by Step cat ears braid hairstyle
- Step 1 Part your hair: To flatter your cat ears, leave hair from the front as I did, You need first to go few inches back and part your hair from the middle ( look at your nose and start dividing your hair). Then part an inch or so depending on your hair thickness.
- Step 2 Bring your pipe cleaner or in my case flower steam: Bring your pipe cleaner and hold it on one of the sections you parted and start braiding it with the hair till no hair left to braid. The pipe cleaner will give you a define cat ear and it will be easy to hold the braid in place for the whole day.
- Step 3 Make the cat ear: After braiding your hair, secure it with a clear elastic band. Then make a triangle and then take the remaining braided hair and angle it forward hiding the hairline underneath the ears and pin it in place with bobby pins. It will almost form a perfect braided headband.
- Step 4 Repeat step 2-4 on the other side. Ta-da! You have braided cat ear. Add a little animal nose, whisker and cat eye look using your black eyeliner and you are ready to go. Round the braided ear if you are going for mouse or bear ears.
Cat ears bow hairstyle
The cat ear bow hairstyle as I would call it is very flattering hairstyle. Also, you can make it further on your crown and it would look like a ribbon; perfect for parties, wedding, school homecoming and more. This hairstyle is one of my favorite looks. All you need is a teaser brush and holding hairspray along with bobby pins.
Step by Step cat ears Bow hairstyle
- Step 1 Part your hair: To flatter your cat ears, leave hair from the front as I did, You need first to go few inches back and part your hair from the middle (look at your nose and start dividing your hair). Then part an inch or so depending on your hair thickness.
- Step 2 Tease and use hairspray: Take one of the sections you parted and hold it up and start teasing it well at the base with your teaser brush. After that smooth the top so the ribbon will look smooth. Then spray the teased hair with holding hairspray of your choice and twist the top making triangle shape of your teased hair. This will help form a cat ear look.
- step3 hold that piece and wrap your twisted end behind the teasing and start pinning. You can either leave the twisted hair fall on your back or you can wrap them around making a knot and pin them up behind the ear. At this point, you can add more hairspray to make the shape look more like a cat ear.
- Step 4: repeat step 2 and 3 to create the other ear. Add hairspray to smooth the ear. I could not spray as I wanted to. Since I wanted to make my last cat hairstyles for Halloween shown below.
Wildcat ears hairstyle
The wildcat ear hairstyle is fun and super easy if you know how to do a bun. You can bring it to the next level by putting all your hair into two buns. However, if you have thick hair like mine and hard to handle then I suggest sticking to the two small buns I did below :). All you need is clear or black elastic bands, bobby pins and water or hairspray (optional. I did not use water spray or hairspray and the look still hold well).
Step by Step wild cat ears hairstyle
This hairstyle is so versatile. In other words, It can be for wildcat, cougar or devil look.
- Step1: Part your hair: Start by parting your hair to two sections. You will start from the middle of the forehead back to the crown. Then part another section from forehead creating a square to a rectangle shape. Then with the section, create a high ponytail.
- Step 2 create a bun: Take the high ponytail and start twisting the ponytail and wrap it clockwise around the base. pin it on place using few bobby pins. Then start moving it around to create your perfect pointy bun. At this point, you can either spray with water or hairspray to hold the bun in place.
- Step3 repeat step 1 and 2 to create the wildcat look. If you want a more pointed wildcat ear. I suggest pulling the bun a little to stick out the top more. I wish I have a leopard print coat. It would have looked more like a wildcat look :). Besides, I am in the hunt for a leopard fur-like coat to perfect the look. So wish me luck :). Add little dots close to the temple using brown and black eyeliner pen and you will be done. I was satisfied with my cat look. Therefore, I did not add some extra art to the face.
Now that you have seen all my three cat hairstyles for Halloween, Which one is your favorite!? Let me know in the comment below and if you plan to do one or all of these hairstyles for Halloween tag #chez_rama and follow me on Instagram for more hairstyles and fashion looks.