Hello friends!. Need a hairstyle for your uncontrolled hair? Having a busy day but you are in need of a style that you can do in minutes using a bobby pin and simple elastic band?. Then look no further. Today! I will show you cute and easy bobby pin hairstyles to elevate your look. Besides, you will be able to do these three hairstyles in a few minutes.
Cute and easy bobby pin hairstyles
The best thing about these hairstyles is that you do not need to style your hair or shower prior to any of these looks. The idea behind each hairstyle is to enhance your natural hair look using bobby pins and some hair accessories. Because well if you thought the 80’s style cannot be combined with the 90’s hairstyle you are wrong. In fact, I have seen a comeback of the 90’s hairstyles with all bobby pin and hair accessories all over NYFW.
I started these hair look with 2 days hair. Well! because I try to wash my hair once or twice a week. I had my hair in the bun during the night to keep it in control. However, in the morning, It is just a stubborn mess. So I find these styles help to enhance the look of my hair.
Half-up hairstyle using bobby pins-faux french braid
This hairstyle is versatile and chic to style. In fact, you can sport it from a day to night without even retouching your hair look.
All you need for this hairstyle is bobby pins and elastic band.
Note: If you have a hard time keeping your bobby pins in place, try flipping the pin over. The straight side is slicker and won’t grip as well as the wavy, more textured side. And for more secure all day long. Spray your bobby pin with holding spray for better hold.
Step-by-step half-up faux french braid hairstyle
- Step 1: At first, start by parting your hair from the arch of your eyebrows and take a small section to make a small bump on the forehead and secure it with bobby pins. I like to have a bump when I making an updo in general to flatter the shape of my face. Plus the bump secures my short layers. Thus, If you like the bump, start by this step.
- Step 2: Next, you are going to take a small section on both sides right beside your new bump and hold and pull it tightly right behind the small bump and secure it with upward facing pins. then start taking small strands from both sides and secure it in a bobby pin till you reach right close to your ears. Stop taking strands. if you have short hair you can leave the hair as is. If you have long hair then go to step 3.
- Step 3: Secure the rest of your hair with an elastic band of your choice. I choose a Brown small elastic band.
- Step 4: Optional! Take out some strands of hair from the front of your face.
Voila! Your half-up faux braid hairstyle
Twist and pin hairstyle with a casual bun
The hairstyle is my go-to for a busy morning look. Besides, it can work with any hair type and length. Twist and pin as you go. What you need for this hair look is a few bobby pins (around 10), decorative bobby pins for triangle bobby pin look (optional) and an elastic band to secure your bun. Note: if you don’t know how to make a bun. then check my retro hairstyles for long-and short-hair. Bobby pin is your star so don’t be afraid to show them off.
Step-by-step twist and pin hairstyle with a casual bun
- Step 1: Part your hair to the side you like. I usually part my hair to the left. Then take a section of your bangs ( my bangs from the left side) and pull it away from your face and twist it behind your head and pin it with a bobby pin.
Optional: Take your three decorative bobby pin and pin them in a triangle shape on your twisted section. My decorative bobby pins were gold and quite bigger than my usual bobby pins. it will give it that 90’s style look.
- Step 2: Go to the other side of your face and take a section of hair and pull it away by twisting it behind your head and pin it.
- step 3: At this point, you can either leave the rest of your hair fall on your shoulders or you if you have long hair like mine, you can put it in a bun. Voila! your 2 minutes hairstyle is complete!
Side swept hairstyle
The last one is one of my favorite cute and easy bobby pin hairstyles. This hairstyle never failed me. It goes with every outfit and every makeup look I do. So I really recommend to try it and make it your own by adding your own touch. You can have a curly side ( by curling your hair prior to styling it as I did in cutest curly low side ponytail hairstyle or leave your natural hair shine through it. What you need for this hair look are bobby pins. hair accessories (optional ) and a brush.
Step-by-step side swept hairstyle
- Step 1: Brush all your hair to one side you like. using a brush, go over the shoulder opposite of your part. check if all strand of hair is in the side you desire it to be. I like to brush it all to my right then I start pinning my hair at the nape of my neck going upward so all my hair will stay in one side. The bobby pin should form a vertical line going halfway up to the back of your head.
Optional: if you have hair accessories. You can either cover the bobby pin with hair accessories or put it close to your ear.
- step 2: Repeat using bobby pin till you feel your hair is secured in one place and will not move while walking. if you have curly or wavier than mine. Your look will be so cute. That’s it enjoy your hair on one side all day long. Tadaa! as you see this hairstyle is so easy. I only need step 1 to explain it.
At last, now that you know how I enhance my hair for my busy day with cute and easy bobby pin hairstyles, which hairstyle do you like the most? Let me know in the comment below or post a picture of your recreation tagging Chez_rama on Instagram and do not forget to follow me here so I can reshare it.
Have fun with your hair. Your imagination is the limit !!