Hello Friends!,. If you are looking for silky, smooth, shiny hair without a trip to the salon, Then say hello to flaxseed hair mask. The flaxseed hair mask is a great way to not only get your locks smooth and silky but also grow your hair naturally. Today, I will explain my way of using flaxseed hair mask and its benefits.
As we are near the end of the year, I like to step up my hair regime with hair masks. Early this month, I ran out with castor oil mask and Amla powder. So, I was looking for another hair mask. Luckily, I came across Flaxseed hair mask. In addition, I already use flaxseed in baking and as a daily supplement. Thus, I have it in my pantry. So, I gave it a try and I was so surprised by the result
Flaxseed and its benefit
Flaxseed has the same effect as castor oil with a slight difference; it is full of omega 3 fatty acids that nourish the hair follicle for healthy hair growth. Besides, it would help lower inflammation associated with hair loss, dandruff, and some other unhealthy scalp conditions. In addition, Flaxseed Leaves hair soft, shiny, and moisturized till next treatment.
What you need for Flaxseed hair mask
In order to make flaxseed hair mask, you will need:
- cheesecloth or strainer.
- Small Pot.
- Bowl or small container.
- 1/4 cup of Flaxseed (light or dark brown). Flaxseed costs around $5 for 14 oz.
- 2 cup of water.
- 2 TBs of coconut oil ( I use the virgin and unrefined and better if it is organic).
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice (lavender oil ) optional. In fact, I got my essential oil from Amazon in here.
- Shower cap.
- hair clip or scrunchie.
Note: The mixture will be like an egg white. It is not very pleasing texture one but it works like magic on hair.
How to make the flaxseed hair mask.
- To begin with, pour the 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup of flax seed into a pot. bring to the stove and put on low/medium heat. bring it to a boil while stirring flax seed often with a spoon. Turn off heat when you see a white froth on the surface. Stir it a bit.
Afterwards, pour it into the cheesecloth or strainer and put a bowl under it. Let it cool down. Then, put aside 1/4 cup and place the rest in a small container in the fridge for future use.
Note: the flax seed mixture will have a consistency of an egg white. It is not a flattering texture and has no smell. For a healthy fast growing hair, I can go past the texture.
- Put the coconut oil in a small bowl and warm it in the microwave to form a liquid. Then, pour 1/4 cup the flax seed water in a big bowl along with coconut oil and few drops of essential oil. I decided to go with lavender oil. Mix everything together.
- Lastly, distribute the mixture on your hair. I used a spoon to apply the mixture evenly on my hair. Then, I massaged it on my hair. Next, I clipped it. Finally, you can put a shower cap on your hair as I did. Then, wait from 1/2 an hour to 2 hours.
- After 1/2 an hour to 2 hours depending on how long you can wait, cleanse your hair from the mixture by using shampoo and conditioner. Make sure to cleanse it well so you do not have any oil or product buildup. Then, let your hair air dry or dry it with a dryer.
The flaxseed hair mask keeps hair shiny, soft and moisturized. Further, It promotes hair growth. Moreover, It controls frizz. and protects hair from hair loss in cold weather. Plus, each treatment costs less than $2.
Do you have hair mask you like?. Let me know in the comment below or post a picture of your recreation tagging Chez_Rama on Instagram and do not forget to follow me here so I can re-share it.
Have a wonderful day!.
It is time to step up your hair regime for healthy growing hair :).