Happy Friday!. Do you like french braids and do not know how to do one on your hair?. Are battling with your hair while doing french braids? Today’s post is how to fake french braids for beginners using ponytails. Actually, I love to do it more than the real french braids. Since my hair is layered, these fake french braids last all day even if I jump into the pool or swim against the wave in the ocean.
How to fake french braids for beginners- Easy Faux braids
This french braid is so easy and fun to do perfect for shoulder length hair and longer. Also, It is stress-free. All you need is few clear or black elastics and hair clip. I bought my elastics in bulks from Sally beauty.
- Brush your hair. Then spray your hair with either salt water or normal water to smooth the frizz.
- Divide hair into two sections. I like to use semi zigzag way while dividing my hair into two even sections. the braids will not look even which is okay. Then clip one side. It is easy to work on one section at a time.
- Create your first ponytail. Take a section of hair on one side at the top of your head and secure it with your elastic band.
- Create a second ponytail. Take a section from hair right under the first ponytail and secure with the band.
- Divide the first ponytail in half and put under the second. Then clip the second ponytail on top of your head.
- Create your third ponytail by including the two halves of the first ponytail to it. At this point you will notice your first braid. I like to pick hair from each side of my hair in picture 9 then you will repeat the process till you cannot pick up any hair from your sides as show in picture 11 and 12.
- finish off with either regular ponytail or continue with step 5 and 6 ( at this point you have no hair to collect from the sides). As for ponytail you can divide it to three section and start normal braid or continue with the process till you have no hair left to braid.
- Optional– pull hair to stretch it and make it fuller as in picture 16.
- Repeat step 1-8 to the other side of your hair. Now you have two french braids.
This hairstyle is perfect for summer time when you are on the beach or going out but don’t know how to french braid. You can also make faux braids using my last hairstyle shown here.
If you have not yet, Check my last post in how to look more beautiful in minutes. and check how I did faux braids video live in here or check it out on my IGTV .
No sé guapa que esto es TRENZAS FRAncesa falsa Pues nesecita un pelo muy largo ,, eres Muy GUAPA 😙😙😙😙😙
This is so cool! I cant wait to try it. I hope i can do it. You look awesome!
I cannot wait to see this hairstyle on you.
Love it! Thanks for LINKING up on Fancy Friday linkup party! Have agreat weekend!
Glad you love it Nancy
What a great idea! Your hair looks lovely 🙂
Hope you are having a great weekend so far 🙂
Away From The Blue Blog
Thank you gorgeous Mica. It is my fun faux french braid 🙂 I love to make this hairstyle these days thanks to the heat I cannot stand my hair down anymore 😛
I’m so bad with braids so hopefully this will help!
Beth! I was too but if you love to make a new different hairstyle then go with it. It is only hair and you can play with it and if you do not like it just untie and brush it 🙂
crushing so hard on these stunning french braids, you work them so gorgeously girl! i’m rubbish at doing anything with my hair, always have been, so this is a great post for me hehe! braids are so beautiful, especially for the summer months and you’ve nailed these oh so PERFECTLY. looking like a total dream! <3
Sophie | soinspo xo
Thank you gorgeous Sophie. Try a few things. Hairstyle is fun if you do not like it just take everything of and try again or leave it as is:). I think your hair is beautiful with any hairstyle you choose to do.
Your braids look so good! I love putting different styles of braids in my hair to create a whole different look.
Thanks Ruth. Me too. It is like makeup for me. I love to change my hair to go with my different themes :). sometime a simple hair look will let you feel different.
loving your pink lipstick! super cute hair!
Thanks Kelsey 🙂 I think it is Mac lipstick :). I love light pink and reds 🙂 Glad you liked my hairstyle