Hello!. Thanksgiving is a holiday we love to celebrate it with close family and friends. As I mentioned in how to wear a shirt dress in fall blog post, We will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Between stuffing the turkey and get the house ready, I barely have time for myself to get ready before the guests arrive. Therefore, I love to plan my whole look ahead of time. Of course, this includes how I will be styling my hair. Thus, today I have a lazy hairstyle to do at home for Thanksgiving dinner; not one but three. One of these hairstyles will be my hair look. And you will be the judge.
Lazy hairstyle to do at home
Need to get ready in minutes?. or maybe you are in need for a new hairstyle this thanksgiving to wow everyone?. I have you covered with my lazy hairstyle to do at home. In fact, each hairstyle is not only easy to pull up but requires no maintenance all day. Whether you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner, or just attending someone’s else feast, These will stay put all day. So let’s begin
Low rolled updo hairstyle
Let’s get real here. This low rolled updo hairstyle will look like you have spent hours getting this hair look while in fact, it will take a few minutes to get it done. Additionally, the low rolled updo hairstyle is a hair look for any hair length-from shoulder length and shorter to bra strap length and longer. You can make it even chic with hair accessories or make it messy for a casual day out. What you need to accomplish this look is an elastic band, a handful of bobby pins and hair accessory (optional).
Step-by-step low rolled updo hairstyle
- Begin by pulling your hair back for a loose low ponytail. Then secure it with a ponytail.
- Now part your hair above the hair tie creating a hole. Next, pull ponytail up and through into a topsy. You can repeat this step few time if you like the twisted look. I just did it once since I have so many short layers and my hair kept falling apart.
- Pull off your twisted hair to create more volume for your topsy (optional).
- Depending on the length of your hair, You are going to use two to four fingers to roll your hair up to the top till you run out of the ponytail and then start pin it in place. At this point, my hair didn’t corporate with how many short layers I have right now. Thus, I rolled it up once and pinned it to the base. Then, the left hair, I rolled it under and around the updo. Next, I started to hide the extra short hair inside my rolled hair. Basically, You just keep hiding the short hair till you have the desired look. The point is you can never go wrong with this look. Just pin everything in place the way you like it.
- For extra flair for this special occasion, I decided to use hair accessory, it is just a glamorous pearl and gold hairpin I used previously in my fishtail braid look. I just drop it right above the low rolled updo. You can use any hairpin you have or skip it.
Voila! This hairstyle looks sophisticated to the eye yet it is super easy and quick lazy look.
French braid half bun half down
I have been wanting to do this hair look since I did the half bun half down bun in my retro hairstyles for long and short hair blog post. This is a quick easy and chic way to disguise dirty hair and keep your locks up and out of the way as you will spend your time enjoying the delicious food. French braid can look less lazy and more glamorous and chic. I love it that you can achieve this look no matter what’s your hair length. all you need is a comb, hair pins, elastic bands (two), and curling iron ( optional, I skipped this step and went with my natural wave).
Step-by-step french braid half bun half down
- Begin by sectioning off the top section of hair for your braid; Create two parts from the corner of the forehead back to the crown. At this point, You can either clip the side hair with bobby pins or use clip to get the hair away.
- Now take the top section to braid it. You will start by dividing a small section from the top section near the forehead into three sections then add a hair from both sides to your strand that you are crossing over to create a french braid. Keep doing this process until you reach the back of the crown. You can learn how to french braid in here.
- Now you can either tie the hair and create your bun or continue braiding as normal three-strand braid. Then, secure it with a band and wrap it around to create your bun. Finally, secure all unneeded hair with bobby pins.
Here you go friends, You just created your lazy chic hairstyle that will stay away from your face all day.
Side braid half updo hairstyle
Here is a lazy hairstyle you will love. Whether you have short, medium, or long hair, you can rock this side braid half updo hairstyle. In fact,I have short layers from the front and I found this hairstyle convenient to get some of my hair away. Further, the hairstyle is great and super easy to create for both formal and casual event. What you need is an elastic band, hair clip and bobby pin to keep braid in place (optional).
Step-by-step french braid half bun half down
- Start by partying the hair the way you like it. I part my hair to the left.
- Pick up a section of hair from one of the sides. I picked a section from my right side. Then divide it into three section and braid it by again adding hair from both sides till you have no hair to braid. Secure it with elastic hair.
- Then take the braid to the back of your hair and take some hair from the other side (right side for me) and clip it with a hair clip to create your half up look. secure fly hair or braid with bobby pins.
Here, my friends, You have created a polished lazy hairstyle that will take eyes all night. If you haven’t noticed, I created a similar hair look but with two side braids in braided half up half down hairstyle blog post.
Last but not least, Now you know my lazy hairstyle to do at home. What’s your favorite lazy hairstyle to do at home? Which one do you think I should go to? Let me know in the comment below or post a picture of your recreation tagging Chez_rama on Instagram and do not forget to follow me here so I can reshare it.
Finally, I would love to feature my blogger friend Anna Shirley who recreated my faux bob hairstyle. This hairstyle looks so chic and sophisticated with her outfit. The white and black drop with a hairstyle gave me the 60’s vibe. So, don’t forget to check her blog and say hi.
Have a fabolous day!
No hair is a basic hair!