Have you ever wanted to have flattering curls without using curling iron or straightener?. Did you want to achieve flawless curls without sweating, and getting arm aches?. If Yes, then this would be a summer breeze hair look for you. Today, I will show you one of the quickest and easiest method to get messy curly hair using diffuser. What I love about this method is that it works for all kinds of hair that has at least some natural texture. Previously, I mentioned how I got defined curls without heat as can be seen in here and natural curls from bohemian look in here.
How to get messy curly hair using diffuser
While direct heat can damage hair, diffuser disperses air evenly from dryer and simulates natural drying way. Diffuser can also reduce frizz for improved curl definition. Also It will enhance the natural curls in your hair, making it wavy, curly depending on your natural hair texture. My hair is wavy and has undefined strands of hair on my crown ( birth mark) that has nothing to do with the rest of my hair. It basically has its own texture 🙂 . Thus, I found this method effective to give my hair the definition I want.
You will need:
- Regular shampoo and conditioner. I am using Luseta coconut oil shampoo and conditioner.
- Microfiber Towel or T-shirt. I use microfiber towel to protect hair from breakage. However, You can use T-shirt if you do not have microfiber towel.
- Hair oil or treatment. I use oil or hair treatment to the end to lock in moisture and keep them frizz free. Given that, I used Pai shau Biphasic Infusion to strengthen, nourish and protect my hair from the inside out.
- Curl Enhancing Product (mousse/or gel). The ColorProof Evolved Color Care Liftit Mousse Color Protect Root Boost is my favorite.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Squeeze the water out using microfiber towel. Do not rub your hair with the towel as this will damage your hair by breaking it and make it frizzy.
- While your hair is still damp. Put two or three pump of oil or treatment you have on your hands and rub it on your ends.
- Put two to three pumps of mousse or pea-sized amount of gel on your hands, rub it on your hand and scrunch it to the ends working your way up. I suggest avoiding putting products directly on the roots as this will make your hair look greasy.
- Put the diffuser on your hair dryer and on low setting and start using your hand to push your hair around to make sure you define every strand of hair.
- Keep scrunching upward with hair diffuser till your hair dry completely. It will help enhancing the natural curl in your hair.
This easy and quick way to have messy curly hair using diffuser has been my go to this summer. Further, It did not take much of my time to accomplish it. Next, my hair lasts all day for the most part thanks to the mousse. The result is fun messy curls that get you through humidity and summer without having frizzy hair.
Let me know in the comment below what’s your messy curly hair technique? of course.
Do not forget to connect with me on Instagram at @chez.rama.
Have a wonderful day!