Hello, my friends!. Do you love Viking? Are you thinking to be one this Halloween? if Yes, then this easy hair look tutorial is for you. Since Halloween day is getting closer, My husband and I are planning to go to one last Halloween party. I know! I take this holiday so seriously :). So I was browsing around to see what look I should go with. I stumbled upon Lagertha ( the Viking women warrior legend) and fall in love with all of her hairstyles and look. Therefore, I will be doing the Viking warrior woman Halloween hairstyle for you.
This hairstyle is a mix of few hairstyles Lagertha did in the Viking series. Yes! This legend is featured in this Viking series and she is killing the hair looks; so many braids, fishtails, dutch braids, and french braids. However, today’s look is so easy and simple with fewer basic braids and more volume without sacrificing the edgy Viking warrior she is. Thus, If you know how to do a basic braid this look will be a breeze.
Legartha-Viking warrior woman Halloween hairstyle
Before I begin my steps for the Viking warrior woman Halloween hairstyle, I would like to touch on my makeup look. The makeup look is inspired from one of Lagartha fight looks. Hence, I put on brown and black shadow all over my eyes as you see. I then defined my eyebrows to give them an edgy look. Immediately, I Followed with a brown eye pencil to give blemishes look on my face ( a damage sun look ). Next, I used a red lip pencil to give an effect of new wounds around the face. Later with black eye color and big blush brush, I spread some black color as an effect of mud all around my face. Finally, I finished off with nude rose lip color and Voila.
Step-by-step Viking Warrior woman Halloween Hairstyle.
This hairstyle while does not require so many experiences in braids, It definitely needs some patient. In a way, the look will not look complete until the final touches at the end. These touches such as beads, metal rings, strings, and chains give an oomph to the Viking warrior look. I thoroughly suggest checking what you have in your accessories box to add to your hair. If not, Then a visit to a fabric store is recommended. All you need is small elastic bands around 10, bobby pins and some metal rings or charms, silver or gold chain, and any color suede craft lacing from the craft store.
Step 1: Divide
- Start by dividing your hair so your hair will not stand on your way. After brushing your hair to the back, divide the hair from the forehead and creating two part lines. Begin by brushing the hair straight back from the forehead and creating two part lines at the corners of the forehead. Then take the back of the hair and pin it away from your way. And pin the hair on your forehead.
- Work with one of the side hair right under the pinned hair. First, split the hair horizontally close to your ear to two section. Then Divide off a section of hair at the hairline and split it into a 4-5 section for your small ponytails.
Step 2: Ponytails
- After step 2, put your 4-5 section into small ponytails using small elastic bands. I started with brown elastic but then decided to have the white clear elastic bands. I suggest to not secure it so much. at the end of this process, you will have at least 4 ponytails.
- Now Unpin your crown hair explained in step 1 and take small section close to forehead and put on a ponytail. repeat the process till all your crown hair that you pinned is in ponytails. I did a minimum of 6-8 ponytails.
- give texture to your ponytails by first holding from the elastic band and pulling the ponytail in the reverse as seen in picture 6 to the right. That way you give a pump look to your crown and side hair then secure all ponytails to the back by a few bobby pins. At this point, your look will start to look more defined.
Step 3: Basic braids and wrapped hair.
- Basic braid with chain: Go to the other side of your hair that you have not put in ponytails and give volume to your hair and take random pieces and braid them. I chose one close to my ear and braid it by dividing the piece into 3 section and crossing the left to the middle and the right to the middle. You can check how I do basic braids in my Braided half up and a half down hairstyle. I added a gold chain to the top and braid it with hair till no hair left then secure the hair with the left of the chain.
- Braid with wrapped chain: Braid your hair as usual with basic braid. then add chain by wrapping it around the braid and secure it to the end.
- Wrap hair with color suede craft lacing: I took small strands from random hair and then divide to two section and start crossing the two section on each other by taking one piece over the other. Then I took my black lace and wrapped it around. I decorate it with R charm just because it is my initial :).
Step 4: Accessory
Meanwhile, I started to decorate my hair with some leaf charm and an arrow of metal from an accessory necklace I don’t need and pinned it with bobby pins. You can be as creative as you want and add as many accessories as you like. the more beads and charms the better :). Another idea, if you have feather charms. It would give a beautiful Viking look.
I am planning to redo the hair look for the upcoming party and maybe add beads instead of elastic bands.
At last, now that you know how I achieved my Viking Warrior woman Halloween Hairstyle, Do you like it? Let me know in the comment below or post a picture of your Halloween look tagging Chez_rama on Instagram and do not forget to follow me here so I can reshare it.
Have fun with your hair. You are only a wash away !!