Hello friends,!. Tired of following the same hairstyle when it is cold outside?. Or maybe, you barely can keep a curl in your hair next day thanks to the extreme cold?. Well, Today, I will show you 3 winter hairstyles. They are moderately easy. Besides, They will uplift your hair leaving it looking clean and fresh. In fact, I have been doing these hairstyles alternatively right after the holidays. So, I really hope you like them.
Winter Hairstyles – Everyday hairstyle for busy ladies
In an ideal day, I would just use a brush and hairdryer to style my hair but in a day when I am in between washes and my hair is a bit of “bad hair day”. Then, I find my self reaching out to do hairstyles instead of just leaving it as is.
Firstly, I am hiding the oily scalp. You may tell me. Well! what about dry shampoo. As much as I love dry shampoo, I try to avoid it in winter. My hair is already dry and brittle thanks to the extreme cold weather. Therefore, I do not like to use dry shampoo in between washes. I wisely use it from time to time and I suggest you do the same. Let me know if you like me to go deep in this subject and why I think dry shampoo should be used less.
But for now, Let’s go back to the reason why I love these winter hairstyles. Well, I like to give character to my hair. Thus, If you are like me and like to change your hairstyle often. Then check these winter hairstyles below.
Half up french braid with
This hairstyle is moderate in difficulty. It looks good if you have medium to long hair. It is not only an edgy look but it looks cute with your scarf along with your coat. You really can do this hairstyle any time of the year for any occasion. It just happens that I am reaching to these hairstyles more these days. Call it my own hair fashion look. In addition, You need no more than hair brush, hair tie, and few bobby pins. This hairstyle looks similar to my french braid half bun half down hairstyle except a few tweak in the look.
Step-by-step half up
- Begin by parting the top section of hair for your braid; Create two parts from the corner of the forehead back to the crown as shown in picture 1. At this point, You can either clip the side hair with bobby pins or use clip to get the hair away as in picture 2 and 3.
- Now take the top section to braid it. You will start by dividing a small section from the top section near the forehead into three sections then add a hair from both sides to your strand that you are crossing over to create a french braid. Keep doing this process until you reach the back of the crown.
- Once you reach the crown or no hair to take from both sides, continue the braid with normal braid; 3 strands braid. Then, Secure your braid with an elastic band.
- Take off the clip or bobby pin from one side and with your hand tightly take your part behind your braid and secure it with a bobby pin. Make sure to hide the bobby pin under the braid.
- Repeat the last step to the other side of
- Finally, give volume to your braid. Take your thumb and index and message the braid to give it the volume needed. However, Make sure to hold the elastic band and the braid with the other hand.
Voila!. You achieved a sleek edgy hairstyle that will stay put all day.
Half up half down space buns – Winter hairstyles
This hairstyle is daring, unique and on trend these days. Every time I check Instagram or Pinterest, I encounter space buns with different hair length. So maybe unintentionally, I have been doing the hairstyle too. Besides, This hairstyle is one of my husband’s favorite. Maybe because he loves how cute it looks. But each time, I get an extra hug. A motive to do it often right! :). All you need is two ponytails, brush and a handful of bobby pins.
Step-by-step half up half down space buns
- First, brush your hair all to the back. Then divide your hair horizontally from your ear to reach your crown. Then divide this section to two sections vertically starting from your forehead. You will create two sections.
- Now, put one section into a ponytail using an elastic band. Repeat to the other section you created. and you will have two up ponytails.
- Twist one ponytail and roll it around your elastic and secure it with bobby pins.
- Repeat the last step to the other side in order to create two buns.
Optional: take some hair out from the front to give definition to your face. Now! you created your space bun in less than a minute. This hairstyle is really cute and girly and perfect for casual and even work day. Especially if you have a casual environment.
Two twisted sides and looped buns
This hairstyle is an elevated look from the looped bun I did for the holidays. It is chic, extremely easy and elegant for date night or formal occasion as well as casual day. Moreover, You will find it easy to do. For short hair ladies, you can still do the hairstyle except you can substitute the looped buns with messy buns. What you need are four elastic bands and a few bobby pins.
Step-by Step two twisted sides and looped bun.
- side part hair to the side you like.
- starting on the side with more hair, Begin taking a section and divide it into two strands. start by twisting them over each other and then take a strand of hair from the front of your face and twist with them. Keep twisting the hair till you reach behind your ear. then secure it with an elastic band.
- Repeat the same step to the other side of your part.
- Now with another hair tie, Tie your first ponytail but when you reach the last loop do not pull your hair all the way through to create a looped bun. Then take the extra hair and loop it around your ponytail to hide the elastic band.
- Repeat the same to your other ponytail.
Lastly, here are my favorite winter hairstyles, I have been doing nonstop. What’s your favorite?
let me know how you style yours in the comment below or tag me on Instagram or Hashtag your look with #chez_rama. I would love to see how you style yours. Tag chez_rama on Instagram and I will share your look and don’t forget to follow me for all tips and trick to style your outfit, hair and more.
Have a wonderful Friday!.
Remember your hair is one wash away, So have fun with it!.
What nice hairstyles! I think the last one is my favourite, but all look good on you! :)Hope that you are having a lovely weekend and your 2019 has been off to a great start :)<a href=”http://awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au/”>Away From The Blue Blog</a>
Lovely ideaal! Although I haven t got such long beautiful hair, but I am letting it grow!
Nancy thank you so much, I think space bun can work with short hair. Try it and see how it goes :). It is cute for any length
I would love your thoughts on dry shampoo. I have been curious about it but have not jumped on the bandwagon. My hair is pretty thin and fragile that I am careful of the products that I do use on them. These are beautiful hairstyles Rama and my favorite are the space buns. They just look so cute and chic! I have to the looped bun and see how that works for my hair. Some days my hair cooperates but most days it’s pretty difficult and that’s why the bun hairstyle is my favorite or at least first choice! I hope you are having a great weekend and also feeling better. Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com
The easiest way to explain dry shampoo is by comparing to a foundation, it is a good alternative if you want to cover up the oily scalp but overusing it without deep cleansing the scalp will result in clogging hair pore which would cause hair oil buildup. So it is the same if I say someone use foundation but forget to take it off before going to sleep. The result is clogged pores, pimples here and there and unhealthy skin over time. The advice I can give you is to take a look at your shampoo and conditioner and invest in a routine that could help strengthen your hair cuticle. It will take time but the result will be worth it. I have few posts on my blog to achieve healthy hair you can check for reference if you like. Thank you for reading my blog and for loving these hairstyles.
Have a fabulous day.
You always have the cutest hairstyles dear. Thanks for sharing! Jessica | <a href=”http://notjessfashion.com”>notjessfashion.com</a>
I am glad you like them Jess <3
Brooke of Passport Couture
What a great collection of fun winter hairstyles! The third style has a very vintage feel to it–very reminiscent of the 1940s!
Thank you Brooke. I love to revive a vintage hairstyle :). It is so different yet trendy
These are beautiful! I just love the half up french braid! I need to try that sometime!
Maria | passion fruit, paws and peonies
Gorgeous styles! Love the cute looped buns! Have a wonderful weekend xx
Your hair is beautiful. Seriously gorgeous. I would love to be able to do these hairstyles, especially the French braid. Maybe my daughter could do it for me 😉bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca
Thanks Bojana. I would love to see you in french braids. It will look fabolous on you with your winter headband 🙂